Some of our more regular readers (hi Mom!) may have noticed that the velocity of our postings have slowed down over the past few months. This can be attributed to several things:
1. In my new job, I have a lot more 7:30-4:30 focused content than I did in my previous one. In my previous job, there were more extended times of "hit button, wait for results" and "send email, wait for response." Now, there are a lot more "give response to someone who sent email" and "put out fire." I think I've said it before that the old job was more about pushing bits and responding to people. The new job is all about people, and very little about pushing bits. All that to say, there's less waiting time to think and compose posts.
2. Lydia's not behind a desk 8/5 anymore. Although I bet she's still online 40 hours a week, like me, she doesn't always have the occasion to think and compose. Her online time is more purpose-driven: answer these emails, find this smocking plate, research this purchase, etc.
3. Things are going great for us. I love my job, Lydia loves her part-time job, we love our family, we love the friends we have, we love our neighborhood... there just isn't a lot out of the ordinary that we want to post about.
4. Things are in progress. A good example would be the car post before this one. For various reasons (some potentially legal,) we wanted to tell the WHOLE story before posting. There are some other things (not as huge as the car) that we want to post about, but aren't ready for posting yet.
5. Things are private. There are some things that we wish we could post about to ask for prayers - things affecting people we know... but for one reason or another, would not be appropriate to talk about. Suffice it to say that there's probably a thread of need like this behind every blog that you read and every face that you pass, and we're called to pray for each other. Thanks in advance for the prayers you lift.