January 29, 2008

day 3 - going home

Note from the author: Since this is my third day around, I'll be ceasing the daily updates, but Mom and Dad have my permission to post about me from time to time. It's kind of hard to type when your hands are in socks anyway. If you're wondering what I'm doing, at any given time, it's one of four things: eating, sleeping, crying or making a dirty diaper. :)

2:45 a.m. - Oh, that nap was so good. Now I'm hungry, so Dad wheels me back to see Mom. He looks so tired. He takes a nap while Mom takes care of me.

6:45 a.m. - after a nap and a feeding and a diaper change, it's time to nap and feed and change my diaper again. It's so nice to be able to breathe. I think I'll sack out for a good while this time.

9:30 a.m. - I don't wanna wake up. Mom... lemme sleep... Mom.... oh wait, you have food?

10:30 a.m. - Dad came in just now with this weird looking thing he's calling a "seat" that he got from a "car." All this new stuff is so new. He left just now to go to a meeting about going to this "home" place. I think I'll snooze a bit.

11:30 a.m. - Mom just got her lunch, maybe I'll get some more soon.

1:00 p.m. - Dad seems to have everything in the room in a bag of some sort. I wonder if I'm next. Miss Katie came to see us - she's friends with Mom and Dad.

1:30 p.m. - Wait a minute, Mom and Dad are putting me IN the "seat" thing. I don't like this very much! Dad thinks it too tight, but I think it's just that I'm sitting up too tall.

1:35 p.m. - We're going out of the room now, and I'm not in my rolling crib, I'm still in this seat thing. Now we get into this little room and then it falls down! Whoa! I'm going to have to be brave.

1:40 p.m. - Our nurse just put me in the car. I am not enjoying this. I'm tired of being brave. This is time for crying again.

2:00 p.m. - We finally got to this "home" place. I'm still crying. I want out of this seat NOW.

2:05 p.m. - Much better, I'm in Mom's arms. Papa is here taking pictures, and so is Yia Yia and Dad. This is a very interesting place. I have to look around a lot.

2:30 p.m. - I'm worn out from the crying. This is a good nap time. Correction, this is a GREAT nap time.

5:00 p.m. - Oh... what a great nap. Looks like Papa and Dad have gotten all the stuff put up that Mom and Dad brought home from the hospital. Somebody named Miss Susie came and brought dinner for the grown ups. However, I think right now is dinner time for me.

6:00 p.m. - Dad put me on this "floor" thing on a blanket while they ate grown up food. I didn't like that... I'd rather be held. Luckily my new friend Alyssa let us borrow her swing so I could rest in it.

7:00 p.m. - Dinner for me again. I'm beginning to get the hang of this "home" place. It's warm, and quiet, and my Mom and Dad seem to be here all the time, and I'm the only baby! Also, those "nurse" people aren't around any more. No one's knocking at our door (except Miss Susie.) I'm feeling relaxed enough to sleep. Maybe Mom and Dad will while I do. :)

No comments: