March 14, 2008

whirlwind week

We're starting to get out more and packing more into every day. When I look back over the week, I can't believe it's just been a week, probably because I've been awake for so much of it.

Sunday: We went to a lunch/baby shower for Adam's friend Lance. Adam slept the entire time, and was cranky after we got home. This is his usual MO - angelic around other people, fussy around us.

Monday: Adam's bad humor persisted into Sunday night and Monday. When Adam and I were both crying during the night, Patrick intervened. There is a reason kids should have two parents! I didn't make it to Bible study, and we ended up at the doctor's office that afternoon because Adam wouldn't sleep and wouldn't eat. Of course, while we were waiting for the doctor, he fell asleep in my arms. We did find out that he had gained eight ounces, tipping the scales at 8 pounds, 7 ounces. I know that's not much for most six-week-olds, but to us, it's huge!

Tuesday: Adam slept better Monday night, and so Tuesday was a much better day. I went to Sit 'n Sew to work on Adam's dedication gown, and he stayed home with my parents. His dedication is Easter Sunday, and I'm hoping I can get the gown finished in time. I do have a backup plan just in case. It was wonderful to get out of the house by myself and work on something creative.

Wednesday: I went to Moms Together with Christina and had a great time. I didn't have to do anything - just show up. There was delicious food that I didn't have to fix, and other moms to talk to. The childcare is only for kids six months and older, but Adam did fine in the meeting with me. He spent the whole time looking around trying to take it all in. It was a room full of 150 mommies!

I had my six-week checkup with Dr. Woods Wednesday afternoon, and then we went on to church. Adam slept through his first church business meeting.

On the way home, he had his first blowout diaper. It wasn't too bad, but that combined with his usual copious amounts of spit-up necessitated a load of laundry. Unfortunately, I managed to turn the entire load blue, despite washing in cold water. I'm still working on salvaging some of the clothes.

Thursday: Adam and I took about a three-hour nap in the morning - we needed it! I got ambitious and decided at 11:00 that we would meet Patrick for lunch at noon. I wanted to get out of the house, and I think I wanted motivation to get going quickly. Or, I had a moment of insanity. Patrick only had thirty minutes to eat lunch with us, but it was still fun, and I got to eat a hot lunch. After that, Adam and I went to Wal-Mart. He kept trying to stay awake with one eye open so he didn't miss anything.

We continued our journey down Nolensville Road and made a stop to pick up a rental hospital grade breast pump. Hopefully, I can keep up with our hungry boy! After another stop at Babies 'R Us, we finally made it home.

This weekend, we'll be busy getting ready for Adam's dedication on Easter weekend. We might even sleep some.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is one GOOD Look'n baby.