May 11, 2008

my first trip (and more firsts)

So two days ago, everything's going great. The Mom person has fed me, and I got a little nap in, and I'm on another bottle, when who should show up, but the Dad person. In the middle of the day. I mean, hey, we might go see him at the work place, but he doesn't come to the house place.

Next thing you know, they're running around all over the house, and they've got bags and boxes and diapers and all kinds of things together. Then they put me in my seat where I sleep and ride in the car. Dad puts me in the car, and Mom gets in the back seat with me, which is a little weird, but I love my Mom, so I don't mind.

I love my seat. It's so warm and comfy. Almost every time they put me in here, I fall asleep, and this time is no exception.

So I wake up, and I'm in the car, and we're driving. No big deal, we do this all the time. Mom and Dad say something about me being in my first new state to go to on a trip: Georgia.

And then, we're still driving.

And then, we're still driving. I get a little fussy, and Mom gives me a bottle.

But then we're still driving. Dad says that Mr. T says that we only have 30 more minutes, but I don't know what he's talking about, so I start complaining.

Finally, they seem to have heard me, and we get out of the car in a garage. Mom and Dad are all excited, because they say this is my first time to go to an Ikea. I understand that my cousin really likes the kids area, and when I'm potty trained, I can go too. All I know right now is that I'm wet.

We go up in an elevator and go to the family bathroom to get changed. That makes me very happy, and as soon as we get out of the bathroom, Aunt Allison is there! She hugs me and then we go up in the elevator again.

Mom and Dad and Aunt Allison roll me to the Ikea Restaurant where they eat dinner and I have a bottle. Then we walked through the store and Mom and Dad got some stuff (even one thing for me, I think) and then we said goodbye to Aunt Allison and left.

It was all dark outside, so I knew it was time to sleep. When I woke up, I was in a room with a bed and a TV and a chair and table and Mom and Dad. Mom woke me up for a bottle, and then all of us went to sleep. I only woke up once, and went right back to sleep.

The next morning, I watched Dad eat breakfast, and then Mom and I got cleaned up for the day. All three of us got back in the car (again!) and picked up Aunt Allison. We drove to Kennesaw where she and Uncle Dave are planning to move soon... but I didn't stay awake to see their new house. Mom and Dad told me later that they really liked it.

I woke up and saw Mom and Dad and Aunt Allison eating lunch at Sweet Tomatoes. Then they took me to the mall to roll around.

After the mall, we went to Aunt Allison's apartment, and I got to meet my cousin Vincent. Well, sort of my cousin. He's the first cat I've ever met in real life. He didn't quite know what to make of me, and I didn't quite know what to make of him. He seemed nice enough though.

I still haven't met Uncle Dave. He spent all weekend flying an airplane again. Maybe someday I can take a trip on his airplane.

Then I hugged on Aunt Allison, and Mom and Dad and I got in the car and started driving again. We drove for a while and then stopped for my first ever visit to an outlet mall. Dad got a shirt, and Mom got me lots and lots of stuff. Mom says the best clothes come from outlet malls.

We got back in the car, and Mom and Dad ate dinner. I had just had a bottle, so I was feeling pretty good. Mom was riding in the back seat with me, and she saw me smile, so she stuck something out of her mouth at me. It was pink and shiny, and funny, so I thought, "hey, I've got one of those..." and I stuck it out at her. She laughed so big and said, "he stuck his tongue out at me!" I guess that's what the pink thing in my mouth is. So Mom did it again. So I did it again! And she did it again! And laughed! And I did it again! And laughed! It was so much fun. Then she got the camera out and stuck her tongue out at me, and I did, but the camera was too slow. We played the game for a while, and I think she didn't get my picture. Or maybe she did.

Then, after a little while, things started sounding funny. Then my ears started hurting, so much I had to cry. Mom said something about Monteagle Mountain and got out a bottle for me. That helped a lot, but my ears still bugged me until they said we were off the mountain.

Then we drove and drove and drove, and I fell asleep again, and when I woke up, it was the next morning, and I was at home. I feel like I slept for nine hours, and that's what Dad said I did!

No comments: