- Yet again, the Sit 'n Stroll proves it is completely awesome. I don't think we could have made our connections if we had to wait for a gate-checked stroller. We used it instead of a high chair in the dining hall.
- The Kia Forte is not a bad little car.
- Staybridge Suites is fantastic.
- DirectTV on Frontier is awesome, especially when traveling with a toddler. They also let us pre-board. Too bad they are going bankrupt.
- New Mexico is still a long way from Nashville, but it is still incredibly beautiful.
- Altitude sickness is the worst on the fourth day. Either that, or I quit drinking as much water later in the week.
- The Flying Star Cafe is a great family-friendly place to eat in Santa Fe. We ate there twice.
- Adam is a pretty good little traveler.
- If the Glorieta Conference Center folks knew how much Adam ate, they would have charged us for his meals.
- I still didn't see if there is actually anything to the town of Glorieta. The roads are not paved, and we didn't have a four-wheel drive.
- There is a Trader Joe's in Santa Fe!
- Fernando Ortega is great performer in addition to being a really nice guy.
- I take a fast internet connection for granted.
- If you have a choice, I would advise against waking an 18-month-old at 4:30 am to catch a 6:00 am flight.
August 2, 2009
Rather than bore you with a travelogue of our trip to Glorieta, here are some of my observations/tidbits from the week: